Most couples seeking divorce readily concede their need for legal assistance in this matter. Far fewer, however, realize just how much they may benefit from the expertise of a qualified financial expert, such as a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst. With today’s complex financial landscape, and ever-changing divorce and tax laws, neglecting the finer points of divorce finances is a blunder you cannot afford to make.
Let’s face it. You don’t know what you don’t know. And with all due respect, your divorce attorney may lack expertise in this area and not even realize it. The vast majority of divorce attorneys simply aren’t trained adequately in the financial side of divorce to the level many couples require today.
Here is a list of divorce components that are typically impacted by financial considerations. Are any of these areas pertinent to your case?
- Child support
- Alimony or spousal maintenance
- Separate property (inheritances or pre-marriage assets)
- Executive benefits (stock options, restricted stock, bonuses)
- Who gets the home?
- College expenses
- Debt payments
- Small business owned by you or your spouse
- Health insurance coverage, post-divorce
- Disabilities involving a minor child or yourself
- Tax consequences of divorce
- Right to spouse’s social security
- Right to spouse’s pension
- Long-term financial outlook for lower-earning spouse
Are you prepared to face all these aspects of divorce without a professional specifically certified in divorce finances?
Give me a call and let’s discuss your divorce case in order to determine if I can help you. I offer a complementary, exploratory phone consultation to all potential clients. Your financial future or that of your children may be at stake. Contact me at email@example.com or 832-858-0099.